I had a really decent weekend. Considering the tone of my last post, I was expecting a lousy weekend but in reality it was good. There was lots of good stuff, like the following:
- Meg scored a goal in her hockey game Friday night. It was her last game of that hockey session and I was there, her grandparents were there, and as promised, she scored a goal. When she started playing hockey last year she wasn’t comfortable on the ice at all; it’s amazing how much she has progressed.
- On Saturday Drew had hockey and was thrilled to have touched the puck with his stick during his hockey game. He is so much younger than most of the kids on the ice, so this was a huge accomplishment for him.
- Check out this gorgeous dress we got for Meg for the Daddy-Daughter dance in two weeks:
Isn’t it beautiful? I got a very lightweight long sleeve cardigan for her to wear with it. I nearly cried when she tried it on because she looked so grown up. Take a stab at where you think I got it.
- I mopped my kitchen and dining room floors yesterday. It was such an accomplishment considering that it’s still muddy and snowy and generally GROSS here. And while I was mopping I had windows open and was enjoying the lovely weather.
- Izzie is feeling better which a big thing. When she felt awful she was a cranky little girl. It’s much nicer to see her smile.
- We watched a very trippy movie with the kids yesterday. The Last Unicorn. Weird shit.
- If you don’t have Martha Stewart’s Everyday Food magazine, you should. I’m not a huge Martha fan but the food is awesome. We had the Roast Pork Loin with Carrots and Mustard Gravy last night. HEAVEN.
Of course now it’s Monday and it’s snowing, again. But, it’s not a snow day. And that’s good stuff!