Um, so it’s been a couple of weeks since I blogged. Whoops. So, hop aboard the bullet train if you’d like to play catch up.
- Meg is loving third grade. The homework is too easy for her right now so I’m hoping things pick up in that department here post haste. We haven’t gotten a single newsletter home from the teacher which is a letdown after last year’s teacher sending us DAILY emails with PHOTOS!
- Drew started his last year of preschool last week (i.e. his THIRD year) and is really happy for the first time since he started there. He goes an extra day this year, and stays for lunch there each day. This year is all about kindergarten preparation. He’s such a big boy (you know, except for the constant tantrums and lack of listening ears at home).
- I went back to the spine doctor earlier this month. In a nutshell, my discs are going to continue to deteriorate and my herniated disc will always be herniated, but if I’m not in pain then I don’t have to see her or go to PT. I haven’t been on any pain meds for a month so the Prednisone did the trick. I think I can live with that.
- The twins are on a nap boycott. To say that this sucks is an understatement. Izzie threw herself out of her crib AGAIN yesterday but at least she didn’t break her collar bone again. Drew’s new school schedule is a contributing factor as we’re picking him up when they’re usually going down for a nap, but even this weekend was the same~no nap. I may be turning to drinking earlier in the day if this keeps up.
- Apparently H1N1 (aka the Swine Flu) is going through Megan’s classroom. I say apparently because there’s been no official word from the school and it’s all hearsay from kids in the class, but not from my own child. All of my kids have stuffy noses at the present time and I’m watching them like a crazy person for any sign of a fever.
- Doug and I are heading to Boston next Saturday to celebrate my brother’s wedding. It will be fun to see him and his wife, as they’ve been in PARIS since September 1st. It’s also our 11th anniversary that day so what a fun way to celebrate.
- Fall is almost here. The leaves are beginning to change, and the twins and I are going apple picking with Drew’s preschool on Friday. I can’t say I’m sorry for this summer to get on out the door. It really wasn’t one of our best.
What’s new with everyone else? I’ve been trying to read blogs but commenting has gone out the window these days. Usually the kids are trying to kill each other when I’m trying to read, making coherent comments a thing of the past. I’ll get back to everyone soon, I promise!