While many of my friends are being buried under feet of snow, I sit here staring out my window at patches of grass in my yard. Don’t get me wrong, we still have snow, but not the snow we should have. After all, it is February, and I do live in Maine. Global warming isn’t real? I beg to differ.
I am a little ball of stress these days, between the whinings of the 9 year old, the 5 year old and the 3 year olds. I live the life of “same shit, different day” and it’s taking a toll on my sanity. Instead of blogging about it all, I’m going to write down some things that make me happy in spite of all the crap that I have to deal with.
1. My girls are officially signed up for preschool in the fall.
2. Izzie likes to walk around singing Sheldon’s “Soft Kitty”. Wait, you don’t know “Soft Kitty”? Here it is:
It is seriously the cutest thing, evah. I don’t have a video camera or I’d definitely share it. Next, I think I’ll teach her to sing “Smelly Cat”.
3. The girls like to count. I guess on Meg’s birthday, they were counting the hearts on the tablecloth with my mom, and Annie added her two favorite numbers: pinkteen and purpleteen.
4. Drew’s preschool class was talking about who their Valentine was this year. He said his Daddy. I cried a little (dude, what about me?) but thought it was so cute. And his Daddy was pretty darn happy.
5. Football is over. It’s almost Red Sox season!